We see a need for people to connect deeply with one another in small groups. The goal is to have a genuine community centered around the person of Jesus.
Our small groups leave room for diversity in how and when they meet but there are four foundational practices each group will engage in:
- Praying with and for one another.
- Reading and studying scripture together.
- Having fun together (meals, activities).
- Serving together (as often as group dynamics allow and serving can be in the church or in your community).
Here are the Small Group options that are available:
Young Adult/Young Family Groups
We have several groups that welcome young families as well as young couples or singles. Great relationships and growth happen as groups interact in study, prayer and friendship. Some use video studies, others dig into God’s Word and share insights together. The groups accommodate families in various ways.
- Weekly Variety Small Group – meets at the church on Sunday afternoons. Each week looks a little different: women one week, men the next, families the next (childcare provided), and then a potluck together on the last week of the month.
- Weekly Fluctuating Small Group– meets weekly in rotating homes with flexibility in schedule. The month includes a women’s study one week, men’s one week, and family activity or social once or twice a month.
- Weekly Informal Small Group– meets weekly (more or less) on a weekday in homes and sometimes outside around the fire or in the park. This is a group that welcomes the whole family or young couples/singles. They love to participate in outdoor activities together.
Mixed Age/Stage Groups
If you are looking for an intergenerational place to grow and build relationships, we have openings for couples and singles. Most groups use Video Series or Book Studies, followed by a time of conversation and prayer. These groups are generally for adults only (no kids).
- Bi-Weekly Small Groups meet in homes on Tuesday or Sunday evenings
- Weekly Small Groups – meet in homes on Tuesday or Thursday evenings
- Seniors Small Groups – Enjoy friendship and study together in a small group that welcomes seniors of all ages. Some groups use video or book studies, others get into the Word by exploring books/concepts in the Bible. Enjoy a great time of learning, relationship and prayer in one of these afternoon or evening groups facilitated by some of our amazing seniors.
- Weekly Seniors Singles Small Group – meets at the church on Thursday afternoons to do a video study.
- Bi-Weekly Seniors Small Groups – one group meets in a home on Sunday evenings to dive into God’s Word. Another group meets at the church on Friday evenings for a book/video study.
Women’s Small Groups
These weekly groups are for women who long to explore God’s Word with just a few other women. The groups are small and intimate (3-6 people) allowing for deep relationship, conversation and prayer. Studies are presented in video or book format and led by great women facilitators.
- Weekly Small Group – meets at the church in the afternoon (TBD). Great group for retirees or shift workers. Some homework may be encouraged but not required.
- Bi-weekly Small Group – meets in rotating homes on evenings. All ages/stages of women are welcome
Alpha Small Group
New this year is a ten week Small Group for those wanting to explore the Christian faith. Topics will include "Who is Jesus," Why did Jesus die”, “How can I have faith”, “Why and how should I pray” and "How can God guide my life?"...all questions welcome!
If you would like to know more about Christianity, or if you would like to welcome someone who is searching, check out this Alpha Small Group. If you need more info contact Linda (403-874-0719).
- Weekly Small Group - meets in a home on Wednesday evenings (starting October 11)