Jill is a mama to one amazing little girl and one very troublesome yellow Lab, and a wife to a truly good man. Jill lives in Cochrane, where she homeschools her daughter and reaches out to others (online and over a cup of tea) who are experiencing infertility and miscarriage. A follower of Jesus, she tries, fails, and tries again to seek Him first.
Resources for individuals or families navigating infertility, miscarriages or baby loss
- The Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group for Calgary at Foothills Medical Centre.
- Sacred Nest: a berevement doula (the only one Jill found when searching in Calgary, although she hasn't made contact with her).
- After Your Miscarriage: an absolute wealth of information should anyone be experiencing a miscarriage. From Alberta Health.
- SIDS Calgary: Jill has heard from people that they are wonderful.
- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep: an organization that can put bereved parents in contact with a photographer to come and take pictures of their precious moments with their baby who is about to, or has passed, as a free gift to them to treasure forever.
- Fertility Matters: a great Canadian resource for all things infertility in the Great White North. They have great blog posts, as well as a fountain of information pertinent to Canadians.
- Foothills Hospital's Memory Box program: a free memory box given to those who have suffered a miscarriage or stillbirth to help heal after pregnancy loss.
- Calgary Walk To Remember: an annual walk in honour of babies gone too soon; lost to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth, neonatal death and SIDS. This year's walk happens on September 14, 2019.
- October 15 is Miscarriage and Baby Loss Remembrance Day around the world. This link provides ways to participate in Canada.
- Still Standing Magazine: an online magazine written by those who have been through miscarriage, still birth, infertility, baby loss, and the loss of a child.