July 23 UPDATE:
Jason shares some good things that have been happening in the life of the church and invites you to find a cohort as you prepare for the fall.
June 12 UPDATE:
On June 9, the government of Alberta released new guidelines that enhanced our ability to meet for worship services on Sundays. Our services will look anything but “normal” (i.e. congregational singing is still a no-no) but we believe that we can hold them online and live with an on-site congregation by June 28. Check out this video from Jason to learn more. Watch our EVENTS page for more details starting June 21.
April 21 UPDATE:
For those who are in need of food, please refer to this list of options in our area.
April 2 UPDATE:
Are you willing to help others?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page and complete the Assistance Hotline form. Include your phone number in the message as well as ways you are willing to help. We are building our database to response to needs in our church community as well as our town. Thank you for your response!
March 19 UPDATE:
March 17 UPDATE:
March 16 UPDATE:
Dear friends and family of Cochrane Alliance Church,
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to have far-reaching effects on Cochrane and the entire country. Even so, we remain committed to our vision of loving our town so that people thrive. We’re doing this by gathering people together (exclusively digitally for now), investing in their spiritual development and launching them into service in the power of the Spirit.
With new realities and developments unfolding daily, we want to keep you up to date on how those changes affect our church family. Here’s what we know today:
- Effective immediately, all programs, ministries and events held at the church building are suspended until March 31. We will make decisions about our April programming before the end of the month.
- Before making any plans for social gatherings or group meetings outside the church building, we ask that you carefully consider the recommendations of AHS and our Chief Medical Officer. Given the transferability of this virus, we urge you to take every precaution necessary to limit its spread.
- Sunday worship gatherings will be held exclusively online at 9:00am. Given the risks, we ask that you do not come to the church building. As promised, we have a new platform for our Live Stream as of this Sunday. Join us online here. We will no longer be live streaming on YouTube.
- We are currently developing plans to gather people together digitally for prayer, growth, and encouragement across all demographics (children, youth and adults). Stay tuned to our website and Facebook for details on these and other ways to connect with others.
- Many of you have been asking about practical ways to serve our town during this crisis. We are deeply encouraged by this! At the same time, we believe it is prudent to ensure that we develop safe and helpful protocols before we mobilize people for action. We have a task force working on this and will pass along information to you as soon as we can.
- Do you or someone you know need help or prayer? Would you like to help? We are eager to help, assist and partner with you in any way we can. Please use the Assistance Hotline below to communicate your observations and requests with us at any time.
- We invite you to submit prayer requests to our PrayerNet via this link at any time. Use the same link if you would like to join our PrayerNet team.
As the situation unfolds, our church leadership team will continue to provide you with updates. Please check back here or on our Facebook page. If you have not subscribed to our eBulletin, you can do so by entering your email to subscribe by scrolling to the bottom of our website.
If you have not subscribed to our e-bulletin you can do so by entering your email to subscribe by scrolling to the bottom of our website. We are praying for you as you navigate these extraordinary times with your friends, co-workers and loved ones. May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he’ll do it! 1 Thess. 5:23-24 (MSG).