Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Important: This event has already occurred.
- 9:30AM - 11:00AM
- Cochrane Alliance Church
Come for some coffee and connect with friends—long-time and new. Stay and discuss a wide range of topics.
This Fall we are offering three sets of topics including the Alpha Course, Parenting and Life Hacks. The Alpha course and Parenting Topics are available weekly with no registration needed. Register for Life Hacks by Thursday at noon for the next week (below or at Parents & Tots – some costs for certain weeks).
Alpha Course: An introduction to Christianity
Exploring these questions and more:
- Is there more to life than this?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- How can we have faith?
- Why and how do I pray?
- Why and how should I read the Bible?
- How does God guide us?
- How can I resist evil?
- Why & how should we tell others?
- Does God heal today?
- What about the Church?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- When Mummy is happy everybody is happy. How and Why to self-nurture.
- Making Financial Ends Meet and having some left over. The Family Budget. (Together with Life Hacks)
- Time. The proverbial statement “I’m too busy”! It’s causing us stress. How to make better time choices.
- A Healthy Family. How to have a well fed and cared for family without too much stress. Keeping the “germs” at bay. And how to cope when they show up. (Vaccination information available.)
- You don’t have to do it ALL to be a Super Parent Fun activities for cheap fun play dates.
- Helping your kids grow up. What do children really need and how to give it to them. Nature, does, really take its course.
- Adoption. Hear firsthand from two moms about the how’s and why’s, the emotional and financial. Is it a choice for your family? So much to know, we have the answers.
- Love and Relationship values. You are #1 in your child’s life. What does that actually look like. Discover ways to pull it off like a Pro!
- Open Session. Bring your questions. We will help you answer and deal with some of the “Messy Stuff with raising kids”.
Please register below by Thursday at noon for the following Tuesday's class.
- October 10: Fall Jar Candle Craft. Looking for a fun way to celebrate fall? Join us and make these fun jar candles. No cost.
- October 17: Budgeting and Finance (together with Parenting Topics). No cost.
- October 24: Massage. Learn a bit about neck and shoulder anatomy and a few simple techniques to reduce headaches and stress from registered massage therapist, Mandie Schuler.
- October 31: Bike Maintenance. Bring your bike or your child’s bike and we’ll learn together how to do some basic bike maintenance like changing a flat, oiling the chain to keep that bike running smooth, and adjusting the brakes! No cost.
- November 7: Parent Link. No cost.
- November 14: Handyman Skills - Cancelled. Please join one of the other sessions.
- November 21: Freezer meals. Bring your own meat and pay $5. Pay $35 if you'd like us to do your shopping! Bring freezer bags! Recipes include Bean and Pasta Soup, Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Slow Cooker Flank Steak Fajitas. Limited to 8 spots. Sign up at Parents and Tots or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your spot is considered reserved when payment has been received.
- November 28: Pallet Candle Christmas Craft. Click here for CRAFT SAMPLE. Completed over 2 weeks. Cost $15. Max 10 people. Must register by 12pm November 23.
- December 5: Christmas Craft week 2.
Free childcare is available for children 5 and under.
For more information, contact Stacey.